While the last few weeks of our lives have been some of the hardest of our married lives, they have also been a few of the most spiritual. I've been on my knee's praying for a lot of things lately. Everything from Josh's speedy recovery to patience and love for my family. It's hard when your all trapped in a house together with nowhere to go!!
We went to the specialist on Tuesday and he is amazing. If you live in Southern Utah and ever need a spine doctor, go see Ryan Church, he is amazing! He wanted to run a CT scan to get a better look at Josh's back. He told us that this was such an unusual injury for a healthy, 29-year-old, that he wanted to look a little deeper into things. He asked us a huge variety of questions, and told us that an injury of this manner in a healthy guy could indicate a variety of other problems, worse case scenario being bone cancer. Well, we came home and we weren't intending for him to get the testing, because we weren't sure how we were going to afford it. But Thursday morning, I woke up and told him that I wanted him to schedule it and that somehow, I knew Heavenly Father would let us be okay financially.
So we had the test and all this time Josh has been improving a little bit every day. Wednesday was the first day I could tell he was feeling much better. He got up and moved around a bit. Austin came down and I think that was like balm to the soul. He's not a guy who sits much and I could tell he was starting to have a bit of depression. He was outside and drove us into town. Thursday, he had his tests and then ran errands with me. We got the tests back on Friday, but the doctor still hasn't seen them. It says there is no fracture visible. I told Josh that it is amazing, that one week ago on an x-ray, a fracture was visible and now there is no indication of a fracture? Prayers and Priesthood blessings work, of that I have no doubt.
It also looks as though, for now we are going to be financially stable too. Heavenly Father answered our prayers in that way too. I am so grateful for those who are in tune with the spirit and have been an answer to our prayers. A million thank you and hugs are going your direction.
This has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life. Josh and I have helped others on different occasions. We know what it's like to be on the giving end of things, and we've had times that we have been on the receiving end, but never to this extent. It's a humbling thing, but also one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. I've had people walk into my life, some who were completely unexpected, and be answers to my own personal prayers. Walking, talking, breathing angels helping to bring a miracle into our lives. It's been an amazing experience.
And yet, I do realize, that we aren't finished with this experience. Josh has a way's to go, before he will be back to his active and crazy life. I may or may not end up going back to work. That is looming in front of me and it scares me. But I have been offered a job and that makes that decision, when it comes a little easier.
I've learned that you never take for granted the blessings you do have, and there are many. I think that sometimes we just get to busy and involved in our lives, that sometimes we forget to do the things we should. Life is a gift!! We need to make the most of it and do amazing things with it. I pray that I can always be in tune with the spirit and that I will be able to do amazing things for me and for my family. We are so blessed, so we need to share those blessings with others. I am truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with.
Thank you to those who have helped in any way. By bringing food, by lending a listening ear, for the many prayers in our behalf. For being friends, for being in tune and being an answer to a prayer. For those who have helped us stay afloat amidst the medical bills and medical costs, to those who have called and stopped by and to anyone who has blessed us in any way, I want to say THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart. We love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment