
I've played basketball my whole life. I've had a few good injuries and seen team mates get their fair share, but I never imagined you could break you back playing basketball. Only Joshua could do that, I guess.
Tuesday night Josh came home and I told him I wanted to go to Zumba. He said that they were having a Elder's Quorum basketball practice at 9:00 that night. So I told him to go ahead and go, I would stay home and work on the apron I was making. Although Josh is not good at basketball, he really enjoys getting to hang out with his friends in the ward. About 9:45 I heard Josh come in and I thought it was kinda early for him to be home. He came hobbling into the kitchen, barely able to walk and said he thought he had pulled a muscle and was going to go soak in the tub.
So fast-forward to the next morning. He goes to get out of bed and hits the floor. His feet are completely numb and he can't stand to put any pressure on his legs. So off to the ER we go. And I get the feeling right off the bat that the doctor thinks we are drug seeking. So they do an x-ray, give us some pain meds and send us on our way. He has a really bad sprain, it will take a few weeks to heal. Josh kept telling him that this wasn't just muscle pain, and something else is not right.
So this morning the ER doctor calls me and say's, "I had the radiologist take a look at that x-ray and there does appear to be a fracture in his Transverse Process at L3 on the right side." Okay, so we really weren't drug seeking and now the ER doc feels bad. So tomorrow we have an appointment with Dr. Hardin and really there isn't much we can do. They said Josh just needs to take it easy for the next 4 to 6 weeks and it will heal on it's own.
I have no words for what I think of 4 to 6 weeks of having Josh home. He's going to go crazy, I am going to go crazy and my poor kids are going to think we are all lunatics. Needless to say, the past few days have not been the greatest of our lives. He is seriously hurting and I am seriously cried out. Now the fun begins.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! Ouch!! If you need to send Piper down sometime, let me know!
ahhh! you poor thing! seriously if you need ANYTHING pretty pretty please call me... if you need me to come slap some sense into that husband of yours, I would be happy to... ;) Does he have any paid time off or anything like that??? 4-6 weeks is a long time!!!
That sounds like no fun at all. And I know how you feel, I love to have a day or two off with Cole, but if we are just at home and not have anything to do or planned... we go crazy.
Good Luck, I hope he heals quickly and completly.
OH, that sure sounds painful. I'm sure that my parents would be happy to take your kids for a while if you wanted a break from them. At least it isn't anything really serious.
Oh that is terrible. I am so sorry back problems are the worst. I agree if my hubs was home for that long he would think I was nuts:)
I'm so sorry!! We're praying that Josh heals quickly!!
Post a Comment