Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out....

I live just up the street from one of the funnest and greatest stages in all the world.
At least, it's pretty famous for Utah. It's the Tuachan Amphitheater. Every year I take my kids to one of the plays. This was Tyson's first year and he was a little star struck. I asked him in the car, what he liked best and he said, "That girl!" Another girl crazy boy!

Mandee and her family were there, but they weren't sitting with us. Of course after, and during intermission the kids had to hang together.
The kids went through and had the play bill signed by the main characters. This gentleman, who played FDR was amazing! The whole cast was very well put together and they all did a phenomenal job.
Doesn't Tyson make a cute Annie?
The boys.
Okay, so Tyson makes a cuter Sandy and BayLee makes a pretty cute Annie!
Tyson was so into it. He kept leaning over to me and saying, he didn't like Mrs. Hannigan, she was a mean girl. He would clap and say, YEAH every time it was time to clap. Grandma Becky went with us and she thought it was a lot of fun also.
I want my boys to learn how to appreciate theater and have a little bit of culture in their lives. My hubby doesn't do plays. Especially musicals. So I hope they can learn to like them and appreciate the work that goes into each production.
If you live close by, it's definitely worth seeing! I think I might go to Aida, in the next few weeks. Footloose looks good too. I am so excited for next year because they are bringing Tarzan, the first non-Broadway stage to be able to perform it! It will be sooo Coool!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I want to see that so bad. I heard Footloose is excellent.

~ Stacie ~ said...

I have to go see Annie! It was my favorite movie growing up. I know my boys will love it.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Annie! Footloose and Aida are so much better in my choice, but I'm not a big fan of the show Annie. I'm glad J.D. and Tyson had fun. I love Tuacahn, heck that's one of the reasons I work there! I'm way excited to see Tarzan as well, it will be interesting to see how they do it!

the Lola Letters said...

Hi! It's fun to see a Marysvale friend on here! Thank for the kind words, you have a b.e.a.u.t.f.u.l. little family!

We LOVE Tuacahn, but sadly haven't made it down there to see all the great shows they have going this year. How fun for you guys!

Dover Fam said...

We have CUTE kids Brandy!!!!