Last night Josh took off his training wheels. He said it was time for him to learn how to ride like a big boy. Well 10 minutes into the teaching, I took over. Josh's patience was already spent. There was ALOT of crying and ALOT of falling.
Friday, September 11, 2009
TYSON CAN DO IT!
Tyson has a favorite phase, "I can't do it." I don't know if it's a fear of failure, that promotes that phrase. Or maybe fear, but it's Tyson's mantra in life. He's also a kiddo who requires a lot of patience and love.
Last night Josh took off his training wheels. He said it was time for him to learn how to ride like a big boy. Well 10 minutes into the teaching, I took over. Josh's patience was already spent. There was ALOT of crying and ALOT of falling.
Breaks a mom's heart!
I told Josh to let me do it and I took Tyson in the subdivision behind our house. It's full of empty lots, but the road is done. We went on level ground and we pushed it for about an hour. Tyson told me he was scared, because he would fall. There were lots of hugs, tears and lot's of talking, but we did it, Tyson and I!! He can now ride it, but he doesn't get the stopping concept! We'll work on that.
Last night Josh took off his training wheels. He said it was time for him to learn how to ride like a big boy. Well 10 minutes into the teaching, I took over. Josh's patience was already spent. There was ALOT of crying and ALOT of falling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are such a great mom to stick with him until he could ride his bike. I think mom's are blessed with more patience:-)
That is so awesome! Tell Tyson congratulations from me! He is getting to be so big! I remember when my dad taught me to ride a bike. I freaked out when I found out that he let go and fell over, but I was doing good until I realized he let go. That takes a lot of faith to learn to ride a bike.
It is so exciting when they accomplish something that is tough!!
Post a Comment