Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We So Need A Beach
THE BEACH...... what can I say? Kids love the beach. Living in a land-locked state, of course they love the beach. They love the warm sand, the abundance of pretty shells and the waves that crash around their ankles and sometimes over their heads!
We went to the Torey Pines State Park Beach. It was so crowded. When we went to Newport Beach in March, it was so pretty and deserted. This was a whole new experience. It was crowded and the water was full of of gross slimey plants and the sand was black when it stuck to your feet. And my kids loved it! Tyson and Piper weren't as excited to play in the water here, and I don't blame them. The current was pretty strong and the slimey things did little to help make the water enticing. They had a blast playing on the beach, however. Making sand castles and digging in the sand.
J.D. loved being out in the waves. He kept wandering out farther and father. I eventually ended up going in, clothes and all because he was getting way to far out. My mom was FREAKING out because he was so far out. That is why I went in after him. It's that fine line of giving them Independence while at the same time keeping them safe.
The beach was the highlight of our trip for my kids. I love watching the joy and sometimes terrified expressions that the beach brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment