Monday, July 13, 2009

My Grandma & Grandpa

While I was in California, I was able to see all of my mom's family. I saw my Uncle David & Aunt Mary who live in New Mexico and I saw my Uncle Bill & my Aunt Gladys. We wanted to get pictures of everyone all together, but Uncle Bill only stopped by the once. We figured that it had been about 30 years since they had all been together!!!!! It's funny how life just gets in the way. So we got pictures of all of them together minus Uncle Bill. Aunt Gladys said she'll photo shop him in!!

J.D. is so awnry. I cropped the picture, so he is hidden behind the date, but he has an awnry scowl on his face. We never could get a picture with everyone looking.

Back Row: Aunt Gladys, mom, and Uncle David.

Front Row: Grandpa John & Grandma Phyllis

I asked my mom quite a few questions about how she grew up and how my grandparents met. As you get older, it's funny how all the details start to matter to you. My grandma is from San Ysabel, California. She met my grandfather when he was stationed at a local military base. Her brother who was called Did, took my grandma to a dance the night of his high school graduation at the Julian City Town Hall. My grandpa came up and asked my grandma to dance and the rest is history. He was from Indiana. They had to postpone their wedding date by 2 day's because his leave was late happening by 2 days.

They moved around a lot when they were growing up. My grandfather was in the Air Force and they lived in New York, Ohio, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, and California. They moved to Washington so that my grandpa could work for Boeing. My mom graduated in Washington, but decided to move with them when they returned to California.

Checking out spiderwebs in the front yard.

Being tickled by Great-Grandma.

Coming back from feeding the chickens. My Grandma has always had chickens and dogs for as long as I remember. She still does. My kids loved going down to check on the chickens. It was neat to be able to see my kids enjoy all the things I did when I visited their house.

No comments: