Monday, May 31, 2010
Rescue on the Mountain
This is the view out of my back yard. I mean literally, I can walk 20 yards and be on the base of that mountain.
Several times, each year we have the search and rescue out looking for someone who has gotten lost or hurt up on the mountain. We've even had the sad event of having a lady jump off of the top of the mountain last year and the search and rescue were out for weeks. Lot's of times, it makes the news, even up North.
The kids love it when it happens, because then they can sit and watch the helicopters fly by.
We had all the neighborhood kids out in our yard sitting on the back of the boat, because the helicopter was landing right behind our house in the empty subdivision. I could have probably threw a baseball and hit the helicopter it was that close.
Here they are watching the rescuers on top of the mountain. We could see them with our naked eye because they were wearing such bright colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment