Saturday, May 15, 2010

11:00 pm

On Friday nights, we let the kids stay awake and watch movies until they fall asleep on our living room floor. Call it what you will, but the kids live for Friday nights. Last night, rather than watching a movie, they were watching Animal Planet. BORING! However, they love it. I wanted to hang with them, but not watching Animal Planet. It's right up there with my dislike of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Even those would have been better.

It was such a beautiful night, I called the kids outside to lay on a blanket and watch the stars. It was so much fun and yes, it was almost 11:00 p.m. I had to keep telling them to be quite or they would wake up the neighbors. The boys loved it. They kept hiding under the blanket and tried tickling, and all manners of persuasion to get them to let me take a picture. Finally I started ripping blankets off.

We had some intriguing conversations. Tyson saw three really bright stars and told me that they were Jesus and Heavenly Father. And then we saw a few jets and Tyson said that it was Jesus. And then J.D. kept asking him, "
Why would Jesus, blink?" And then we moved from that to Aliens. And Tyson is terrified of aliens. So then Mr. Know It All, J.D. was arguing about life on other planets. It was interesting to say the least.

I love my boys.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

I think that Ivins is one of the best places to star gaze. I especially love star gazing in the summer when it is nice and warm. I can't believe that you don't like Lord of the Rings! I have to say that I'm there with Tyson, Aliens freak me out! Sounds like you had a lot of fun together.

Cally said...

Our kids love Friday nights too. We do pizza and movie nights on Friday nights. The kids get to make their own pizzas (in different sized cast iron skillets). It's lots of fun! Plus, how could you go wrong with star gazing?! I love to lay on the trampoline and watch the stars!