Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hamburger Arms

No pictures today folks. Just me, boring old me, talking. This is a journal entry, but feel free to read. I have no secrets!

You saw the post below, about my ceiling falling in? Yeah, that was awesome. It happened Thursday afternoon as I was getting ready to walk out the door to J.D.'s basketball game. And today, even more insulation fell out. My kids took the hockey sticks that go to the game table, and rather than leaving it in a pile, pretended it was hockey puck, sooooo I have insulation all over my back room.

Tyson walked into the kitchen the other day and said, "Mom, I don't want a terridactyle as a pet. I think I want a dog." Random, but there you go.

I had the chance to go to The Best of EFY today with the Young Women. Only one of my Mia Maids went. Bless her, I could do with a dozen Meagans. But it was so good! I laughed and laughed and we spiritually fed. We had one speaker, Greg Johnson, who talked to us about the importance of writing down spiritual thoughts and promptings, so that we don't forget them. He also shared several HILARIOUS stories with us about his kids. I laughed so hard, I had tears steaming down my face. It made me realize that I need to be better about writing down the things my kids say, because dang it, I have some pretty funny and amazing kids.

Then, I came home and my eczema, which is a tad bit out of control was really bothering me. I had 3 fingers that were swelled up to about twice their size. I ran over to talk to my mother-in-law, hoping against hope that she would tell me I would be okay until my appointment on Monday. Oh no! It looks like staph infection. SWEET! So Josh took me to the instacare. I spent 3 minutes with a Doctor who told me it was inflamed eczema and yes, my puffy fingers were infected. After an hour in the waiting room, $87.00 for the doctor visit and few prescriptions later, I am on the road to recovery. I think I may sneak into church tomorrow and listen to Joey's farewell talk, and then me and the Pipper are coming home. She has a nasty cough and has been running a fever. Plus, according to my sis-in-law, my arms look like hamburger! They do, it's pretty graphic. I could compete with any picture you can find on the web for eczema. YUCK!! Sure makes a girl feel attractive. I have 5 day's of steroids, which annoys me. That crap makes you gain weight. So much for the HCG, I just finished.

Another one of the speakers, Justin Sula, was also amazing! He spoke about choosing happiness now. How we can choose how we react to our circumstances. It was a great talk and one that I needed to hear. I have some awesome quotes and scriptures that I will share. I need to go through my notes. But it's good to hear, because really all of these bad things may be happening to us right now, I'm still incredibly happy and incredibly blessed!

1 comment:

Nettie said...

You poor poor thing... seriously, I know you have a great attitude about it, but I have been there, well not that bad, but I know that it sucks really bad. I am glad you got the meds you need... =)