Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ice Skating in Dixie

St. George has a skating rink! Amazing, I know. For years, we've said what a great idea this would be. It truly is. My Young Women have been raving about it for weeks. It was so much fun. We left Piper at home with Grandma and Grandpa last night and took the boys for Family Home Evening.
My boys were so excited! The anticipation was killing them all day long!
When we first went out, we were slipping and sliding all over the place! In fact, Tyson kept saying that he wanted to go home. Then he told me that he wanted to play hockey and I told him that he couldn't play hockey unless he learned to skate. Then he gave it some serious effort.
Three of my darling Young Women were there and they loved playing with Tyson. Kim, Reagan and Cierra were helping him around the rink.
It was so sweet of the girls to help him out. He wouldn't hold my hand, but he wanted to hold the pretty girls hands! What a stud!
Oh my gosh, it was so much fun!
My boys were so soaked by the time we left. Tyson says he's not going back without snow pants. He hates to be cold.
Me and my cute boy! J.D. did so well. I was so proud of him for keeping at it, even though he kept falling down. He did hit his head once on the ice pretty hard, but he got up and kept going.
Just keep skating, just keep skating!!

Oh my gosh, I love him!

What a big show off! He thinks he needs to be an Olympic speed racer. He kept racing past me and slapping my butt! He tried to hold my hand and I wouldn't because I was afraid that he would drag me much faster than my balance could handle. He kept lapping me! I can skate, just not fast.
It's to bad it's so expensive, because we would go a bunch. It will be a special treat for our family!

3 comments:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! Where's the skating rink?

Mrs Buchanan said...

Ice skating is so much fun. When I went I wouldn't leave the edge for like the first 20 minutes, but when I was finally brave enough to leave the edge I learned to turn, I fell a ton, but it was so much fun. Tyson is going to be a ladies man someday, he already has my heart, sigh. ;-P

Dover Fam said...

Looks like fun. :) Cute family. I sure love you guys.(in case you didn't know)