Friday, August 14, 2009

Broken Nose

J.D. broke his nose tonight. We had been at the splash pad for 5 minutes and I hear Ross calling me and I look over to see J.D. covered in blood. He was playing with another little boy and they were holding their noses and sticking their faces in the water with their eyes closed..... And the little boys head hit J.D. right on the bridge of the nose.

J.D. was freaking out!! Of course there was a lot of blood and he was really scared to go to the hospital. He thought the x-rays were cool. He was getting quit impatient. He kept asking where the doctor was.
It's broke. But it's only a fracture and it should heal okay. We have to wait for the swelling to go down and make sure it heals straight, but it should. It's a tiny fracture. What a crazy experience.
On the way home, this was J.D.'s lament, "I'm the kid that always gets hurt. The other day I fell down the red mountain and that wasn't cool . Today a kid hits me in the face with his head, and his head is solid, it was like ice. And it hurt."
Thank heavens we didn't have to reset it. I would have passed out into a puddle on the floor.

8 comments:

Nettie said...

I bet I know who is going to be the coolest cowboy at red mountain on monday with 2 black eyes, and a tale to tell! kids: the reason therapy was invented, oh and prozac! lol! love ya brandy, hang in there!

Dover Fam said...

Poor kid! What a week he has had. He is one tough little boy! Glad they didn't have to reset it!

Jagged Rocks said...

Just as warning, his nose will probably bleed really easy for a while. I cracked mine when I was about his age, and for the next few years everytime the season would change, or it got really dry outside my nose would bleed.

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasen said...

Sorry about your broken nose JD. Hope you feel better soon. I love you, Cuz

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Poor guy! Good thing he's so tough!

Maggie said...

Chubba, I am so sad to hear about your nose, but I am proud of how brave you were!! I love you and hope you feel better!!