Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Scary Moment & an Oompa Loompa


J.D. looks like an Oompa Loompa. He took a nasty fall in the red dirt. We went for a walk last night up on the trail that is by our house. Josh and J.D. made it to the end of the trail first, as I was carrying a 2-year-old and dragging a 4-year-old.
Anyway, Josh and J.D. started to climb the hill. We live at the base of a monstrous red mountain. They were up pretty far. Tyson started to climb up and made it almost as high as Josh & J.D. So they started to come down to meet Tyson. My husband is like a mountain goat. He started to run down the hill - super fast. So of course, J.D. starts to copy him. I am at the bottom of this huge hill watching this and feeling my heart start to pound.
It happened like it was in slow motion. I saw him start to fall forward. And then he did 2 forward flips smashing his face into the dirt as he went. I screamed. Josh turned around and was sprinting up the hill trying to get to him. J.D. had stopped flipping, thank heaves, because he was really high up. and this hill is full of rocks and cactus, he's lucky he didn't hit anything else. He's lucky he didn't keep going. It would have killed him. He's screaming and I am at the bottom of the damn hill. He wasn't hurt, but he was screaming because he had a mouth full of dirt. Scared the crap out of me.
Then Josh told me not to baby him, when he got down the hill. Let me baby him! It's my job. It's my right as a mom who almost had a heart attack.
He's a lucky boy.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

YIKES! that is so scary! I hate that feeling of being powerless, it is like watching everything in slow motion, I am so glad he is o.k. I will be sure to smack josh next time I see him, don't baby him ppsssshhh whatever!

Mrs Buchanan said...

That sounds like it was a scary experience. I hope J.D. isn't hurt too bad. Maybe he will have some cool cuts and bruises he can brag about later.

~ Stacie ~ said...

WOW! That would have been so scary. Glad he is alright and nothing else happened. Warren would have been saying the same thing Josh did. Seriously what's up with men! sheesh!