Some day's I feel like I don't accomplish a dang, darn thing!! Ever feel that way? And then I wonder, what did I do with my time today? Well, I did the dishes, washed laundry, folded laundry, swept the floor, and vacuumed. Those are the 5 things that I do EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE! It seems I don't accomplish much because, well, I did those five things over and over and over!!! Some day's I do them more than once! You know those kind of day's. The ones when you want to throw your hands up and lay down and cry!! Throw in wiping cute baby bums, wiping noses, kissing owies, washing marker off the wall, potty training, cooking, chauffeuring, playing referee and the many other duties of a mom and you know where my time is spent.
I do not spend my time making money or doing great things that those in the world can praise. I don't look for glory or fame. Heck, there are day's when all I wish for is a shower and maybe to put on a little make up!!! But what I do matters to my children! One day, they will thank me for my efforts. They will remember picnics in the park and board games on Sunday night. They will remember making play dough and baking cookies. One day.........................................
But until then, life sure is messy, but it's fun!!
3 comments:
Brandy, what a cute little family you have! It is a little hard to be the "housekeeper" everyday, but there are a lot of great moments too.
now remember back in the day when you did all of those things and worked at your office job... psshhh.. seems like it was probably easier back then I think... I remember when I was just a stay at home mom, that was so hard... but I will admit there are days when I sit back and dream of having it again.
We may not get the praise of the world, but isn't the love of our kids much better?! And for what it's worth, you get my praise!
Post a Comment