August 2008
When I went home that night, he gave me a hug and that was it. Nothing happened for a week. We still hung out like usual and I just waited to see if Josh was going to do anything. So the next weekend, Josh called me and asked if I wanted to go hang out with him? Of course, I did. Andie and I had plans to go to a movie, the same night and I told him I couldn't do anything until later. He said that was perfect.
I showed up at the house and the first words out of his mouth were, "Why are you so dressed up?" Keep in mind, I have no idea what we are going to do. So I ask him what we are doing and he says we are going rabbit hunting. Hmmmm, for some reason I am drawn to guys that like to do this particular activity. So ran home and put on basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I got back to the house and Josh, Aaron and I piled into the Aaron's little truck. I had to sit in between the two of them.
We drove out toward, present day Entrada, and we went off-roading and shooting rabbits. Aaron's truck was a stick and Josh had his arm resting on my leg for most of the trip. On the way home, he reached out and grabbed my hand.
We got back to Aaron's house and it was super late. Nobody else was there, so Aaron told us he was going to bed. I have a feeling, he knew what was going on. Josh and I sat up on the lawn just talking. That was one thing about us, we could talk about anything. He reached out and grabbed my hand and held it while we talked. I told him that I was getting tired and that I was going to go home. He reached out and pulled my face to his and kissed me. It was quite a while before I left. I didn't talk, didn't question, but just let it happen.
I wasn't exactly sure, what was going to happen. We didn't talk about it, but just went on with life as usual. Josh would come sit by me on the couch and if I had a blanket on my lap, he would hold my hand under the blanket. We would hang out until everyone else would go home and then we would go for rides to Zion and to Pine Valley. I was in a haze of sleep deprivation for about a month. He would come see me at my house and play with Tyler, but only if it was me at home. He was so cute with Tyler. I remember one night he sat on the couch and let her feed him ice cream. A bite for Ty and a bite for him. This went on forever and poor Josh, he does not like ice cream. I loved that he was so good with kids. He was alway's great with Tyler and Kaysha and I think that was part of why I found him so attractive.
It was like we had to be very secretive about our little relationship We never talked about it and in those moments I was okay with whatever it was that we were doing. I REALLY liked him. I remember sitting on the lawn one night and Aaron, finally exasperated with the whole deal, told us both off. He asked if we thought everyone was stupid and didn't realize what was going on?
This went on for about a month. The next week, Trina and I went over to Aaron's to hang out with Ammon and Josh. It was a down pour. We all went outside and played in the rain. We were jumping in puddles and splashing each other and had a great time. Josh and I were sitting in his truck afterwards and I worked up the courage to tell him that I was tired of hiding our relationship and that if he wanted to be together then we needed to be together or we just needed to go back to being friends. We decided that we would try being together. He was afraid of making it an actual relationship, because what happened if it didn't work and we couldn't be friends?
To be continued....
No comments:
Post a Comment