My mom always made homemade bread and I loved it when I was growing up and I had tried my hand at it a few times, but never had any luck. You could build a house with my loaves they were so hard.
Josh had an awesome grandmother by the name of Lonnie. She passed away last year and we miss her dearly. One of the things that his uncle talked about at the funeral was how she always made bread and how much her children looked forward to that. That comment inspired me to learn how to make bread because I thought that is such a great memory for her kids and it was for me, in my home. So I found a recipe that I liked, but it was too complicated. So I tweaked it and looked at several other recipes and came up with the BEST recipe ever for wheat bread. And quess what? My kids won't touch it. J.D. calls it FAKE bread and asks for store bought. Oh, well! Josh and I love it and so does everyone else!
Josh had an awesome grandmother by the name of Lonnie. She passed away last year and we miss her dearly. One of the things that his uncle talked about at the funeral was how she always made bread and how much her children looked forward to that. That comment inspired me to learn how to make bread because I thought that is such a great memory for her kids and it was for me, in my home. So I found a recipe that I liked, but it was too complicated. So I tweaked it and looked at several other recipes and came up with the BEST recipe ever for wheat bread. And quess what? My kids won't touch it. J.D. calls it FAKE bread and asks for store bought. Oh, well! Josh and I love it and so does everyone else!
Piper is the only one of my kids who will eat homemade bread and she loves it. Especially with Raspberry jam.
2 comments:
That sound soooo yummy! I'm going to have to make some of that "fake" bread soon. Piper looks so much like JD. She's beautiful!
I can almost taste the jam!!!!!
Post a Comment