Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack O Lantern's

We carved a few pumpkins last night. J.D. was the only one of my kids who was really into it. Tyson just wanted to watch Speed Racer and Piper just wanted to pester us!! J.D. and I had a really good time though and the first thing he asked me this morning was if he could carve the rest of them. We'll see I said, because man is it messy!

It took me forever to convince J.D. to stick his hand inside the pumpkin. Piper wouldn't let me do it to her. She flipped out.
However, she played with the guts once they were in the bowl. At one poing she even picked up a chunk of pumpkin and put it in her mouth. I wish I had my camera handy for that one. Her face was priceless. J.D. was taking a lot of pictures because my hands were so yucky.

Look at all those yummy pumpkin seeds!
I'm roasting them as I type!


J.D. was insistent that he have a chance to carve his own pumpkin. HE SCARES ME!! He is not at all careful with a knife. Sherry your crazy for giving Brannigan a knife for Christmas. I was poked several times and almost lost a finger once or twice. EEK!!

Cute little guys!

Piper wanted nothing to do with them!
She kept screaming and throwing herself down on the ground.

Funny stuff, so we did it again.
I called my mom after we had cleaned up and said thank you for doing all the fun things that we did as kids, because as an adult they kinda stink. And she laughed. She said that it really isn't as much fun for the parents but the memories are priceless and they are. I hope my kids remember all this crazy stuff that we do.

6 comments:

Dover Fam said...

So fun!!! Cute pumpkins!!

~ Stacie ~ said...

I love roasted pum. seeds! Austin wants a pocket knife for his birthday, ha ha ha NEVER! Well maybe when he gets in scouts.....

The Morrills said...

How fun!! We need to carve some pumpkins!! Looks like you had so much fun!!

Andie and her Boys said...

That looks fun! Very cute! I love that Piper was afraid of them. Brenden & Cason had fun carving ours but didn't help much!

Maggie said...

Sound like so much fun, our pumkin this year has Mickey and Minnie!!! I know right I'm nuts!!

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Isn't that the truth!? It really is worth it to see their little faces shining with excitement. I can even see it through your picturs. In case you didn't know, you are an awesome mom and I love that you called to thank your mom.