From President Thomas S. Monson, we hear: "Many more people could ride out the storm-tossed waves in their economic lives if they had their year's supply of food . . . and were debt-free. Today we find that many have followed this counsel in reverse: they have at least a year's supply of debt and are food-free."
From President Gordon B. Hinckley, we hear: "The best place to have some food set aside is within our homes. . . "We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week's food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months . . . I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all.”
From President Gordon B. Hinckley, we hear: "The best place to have some food set aside is within our homes. . . "We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with a one week's food supply and gradually build it to a month, and then to three months . . . I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all.”
For those of you who don't know, I am a nut about food storage. It's only been in the last year that I have gotten really serious about it. Here is Tyson sitting on the pile of my spoils that I got last night from a Food Storage Fair in Hurricane. This is all thanks to my in-laws. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Scott and Becky!!
Here are few links that I visit on a regular basis that are all about food storage and emergency prepardenss.
http://www.allaboutfoodstorage.com/
http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com/
http://blog.totallyready.com/
http://www.providentliving.org/
http://www.simplylivingsmart.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment