Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkins

 What can I say about carving pumpkins?  Hmmm, I know.  I'm not really a fan.  Loved it as a kid, not so much as an adult.  It's messy, the kids last 2 minutes and then guess who gets to clean out all the pumpkins?  You guessed right if you said, "You!"  Yep, me that's who!
 However, I love the tradition of it.  The kids love it and so I do it every year.  Promising that next year we will paint pumpkins instead.

This was the first year that my kids have all really been into it and done most of it themselves!  Yeah!  Maybe I will like it again someday.
 Truley came up to help Piper out with hers.  Truley wasn't a big fan.  She stuck her hand in this one time and then she was done :).
 Tyson is not really fan either, but I made him finish gutting it.  And then he wanted an intense spider design so I handed him over to his dad.
 JD was wielding a knife.  I have scary pictures that aren't for younger views eyes.  It was crazy, intense, but he was loving it.  Me, not so much!
I'm glad we did it.  The kids loved it and the memories are priceless. Good thing they last longer than the pumpkins :).

No comments: