Awww, proud parenting moment. He's brandishing a wand! I love it and I love him. This kid is amazing! I don't know what I did in the pre-existence to earn the right to be this kids mom, but it must have been something grand!
JD is the biggest sweetheart! He is so empathetic and compassionate. He is so kind to the kids who have disabilities or have a hard time fitting in. His heart is huge!
He is also a great worker. He likes to work and loves to help. He is my biggest helper at the house. He is also so mature for his age. He's an old soul in a kids body. He's so sweet.
JD is exceptionally bright. He's reading way above grade level. Some of the books he reads are 9th grade and above levels. He's a sponge. He loves to read and he loves to learn. He is OBSESSED with learning about wars and history. Sometimes it drives me crazy. I've been trying to get him to broaden his horizons a bit.
He loves Harry Potter, which his mama loves. That was how Piper got her middle name. JD picked it for her. He is so good with Tyson and Piper. He plays with them and watches over them. He is the best big-brother.
JD is also ridiculously talented when it comes to athletics. There isn't a sport yet that he hasn't been able to be exceptional at. He gets that from me :). He tries hard at everything he does and is a perfectionist. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not so much.
JD is also very black and white. He either likes you or he doesn't. Rules are rules and that's it. There is no gray area for him. It's a good thing. I'm trying to teach him to be in the world and that there are things he is just going to have to accept, but that he doesn't have to be of the world.
I love this kid. I am so blessed to have him. In a world of craziness he is a little ray of sunshine for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment