Today was a good day.
I had some sweet experiences with my kids. There were of course moments that weren't so sweet. For instance, tonight in Lins, I went grocery shopping with all 3 of my kids. Not sweet, but the rest of these moments make up for that one moment of craziness.
I went to pick JD up from choir today and it was cold and starting to rain. I was a just a few minutes late getting to the school and JD was waiting outside and pacing the sidewalk. He looked really agitated. The first thing he said was, "Mom, we've got to go find my friend Nolan. He had to walk home and he has not coat. I tried to give him my sweatshirt, but he wouldn't take it. Can we go find him and give him a ride?"
We went looking for Nolan and found him just down from the school. The rain was starting to drizzle. We tried to give him a ride, but he wouldn't accept it. He was just about in tears. We tried to get him to take JD's sweater, but he kept saying no. Finally, JD asked me to stop the car. He jumped out and ran his sweater over to Nolan and made him take it. He got back in and I watched Nolan pull on his sweatshirt and my heart was so full. I am raising a sweet, sweet spirit. He has so much compassion and empathy for others. It was a sweet moment.
Later, I was working with JD on his cubscout book. We worked on the Duty to God chapter. He was amazing me with his answers to the questions I was asking. He is so full of knowledge. He does listen!!! I was so proud of how much he knew and how he answered the questions so thoughtfully. He is going to be an amazing man someday. I am so blessed that he calls me mom.
Laying on the couch tonight with Tyson after family home evening. We were talking about being a missionary like Abinidi and Alma. I asked Tyson if he was going to go on a mission. He said, "Nope, I'd miss you to much." It melted my heart. He's a good kid. A momma's boy, but oh so sweet and good.
And of course, we can't forget little Miss Piper. The girl makes me climb the walls most days. Today was no exception. She is as sweet as she is full of attitude. Today she was all over me, hugging me and kissing me all day. She is my little angel. I told her that I loved her this morning and she said, "Love you too! And Poppa, and JD, and Tyse and my daddy!"
I had to write these moments down. It seems that they are growing way to fast. I miss them being babies. At dinner Tyson told me that he wanted another brother. I told him that we weren't going to have anymore kids. And so we talked about that. We talked about why they wanted another baby and we talked about what we would name a baby. Just silly talk. Tyson wants a brother but if we had a girl he wants to name her Jesabell. And JD said, "I'm gonna pray to Heavenly Father for a brother."
Just sweet little moments. I love my kids so much and am so thankful to be their mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment