Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sometimes We Need a Reminder

I taught a really good lesson, (at least I think it went well) on the importance of keeping our personal records. I must admit, that I stink at writing in my journal, but for some reason the blog is easier for me to keep updated. Go figure... So here is another one of my random little updates on the happenings at the Doty house.

Josh spends his Sunday at the church as usual. He's the ward financial clerk, and always stays late every week. We got a new bishopric today and Josh was hoping that he would be released, but it's a no go at least for now. He's been in the calling for 4 years, poor guy :(. Right now he's taking his customary Sunday evening nap on the couch and yelling at the kids when they pester him. Typical Sunday at the Doty's.

J.D. is driving me mad!! He won't leave me alone about playing the computer and he wants a stinkin' bowl of ice cream. WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM! The boy is ruled by his stomach.

Tyson is running around in his power ranger costume. Typical, every day occurrence for Tyson. He is either Spiderman or a power ranger. The boy is accident prone lately. He jumped off the bed the other day and hit his head on the book shelf. Then on Wednesday he tripped and fell at the park and clotheslined himself on some rope that was roping off some new grass. He looks like we beat him.

Piper is as crazy as ever. Running around naked and not caring at all to potty train! She is turning 2 in a week and I can hardly believe she is that big. I don't think she really qualifies as a baby any more. SAD!! She still isn't talking much. She say 's mine, no don't, mom, dad, JD, Tyson and dog. That is about it. She is cute though and a joy to have around. She makes me smile. Silly girl.

We are so excited for summer vacation and we have every single day planned out. Will we really be able to follow it? I doubt it, but we'll give it a good effort. Have a beautiful Sunday!

1 comment:

Dover Fam said...

Sunday, the day of rest???? Ya right. :)