Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am Proud to be a Mom


Being mother is a full time job, but the best job in the entire world! These three little rugrats are my life! I love them beyond comprehension and without limits!

I am proud to be a mother! I am proud that I have been entrusted with these children. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has faith in me to raise them. I am grateful for His love and the evidence of it in my life. I am His daughter and this is the calling He has bestowed upon me.

We as women have many divine attributes that were given to us for the specific purpose of being mother. Heavenly Father knew what gifts we would need and provided them to us. Not to say that every day is full of PATIENCE, but Heavenly Father granted women with an extra measure to be sure.

Oh, there are day's when I want to pull the covers up over my head and throw a temper tantrum. I'm entitled to those day's because being a mother is hard work! It's frustrating and trying. Sometimes the day's are endless and I feel like I am being tugged in 1,000 different directions. Some day's I forget who I am. But all that I am, I give to my children. I pray that it is enough.

Is it worth it? Oh yes! The rewards and benefits far surpass the rough days and the trying times. Butterfly kisses and bedtime stories! The laughter and the joy! The excitement of watching your children as they learn new things and their fascination with all the wonders of this beautiful world which we have been blessed with. The smell of a new baby and the chance to blow raspberries on baby tummies! And baby bums!! Oh, how I love them. Chubby fingers and finger paint, the blessing of mommy hugs and how they make everything all better!

Would I do it again? Absolutely! There is no higher calling that I could have in this earthly world. This is beautiful and inspired! There is so much to learn from this talk. I pray that I can be a mother who raises righteous children. I pray that I can be a mother who teaches, who leads, who is an example, who loves.

To my own mother ~ I love you and thank you for your example and your love ! Your amazing. You've faced so much and still managed to raise 4 FABULOUS CHILDREN! I applaud you! I love you!

To my mother-in-law ~ Thank you for raising such a great son! He is the most amazing husband and I love him. Thank you for the love you show to our family and all that you do!

To all the other mothers in my life ~ I can't list names, there are too many of you who have been examples in my life. Thank you for your random acts of kindness and lessons taught. Thank you for your friendship and for the examples you are! You are amazing women!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Hope it is beautiful and full of happy laughter and lots of love! Remember, you deserve to be honored!

2 comments:

Dover Fam said...

You are a great mom! :) Happy mothers day.

Kris said...

You ARE a great mom!!! I love that picture of your kiddos. I think I am going to print it out.