I got a call yesterday from the executive secretary in our ward. "The Bishop would like you to come in for an appointment tomorrow morning." I hate those calls. That usually means that your getting a new calling. So I hardly slept and I thought lots about this special group of girls, who I ADORE!
I put on a happy face and went to my appointment and guess what? I am still in the Young Womens program, they just moved me from Beehive Advisor to 1st counselor!! Good-bye Beehives. Hello Mia Maids. I am sad!! Sad, sad, sad that I won't get to be with my little giggling girls anymore. I know that I will still see them, but I'm going to miss Jayma, my other half too! We worked well together. When you put women together, sometimes they don't mesh well, if you know what I mean? But we had the same ideas and thoughts and seriously rocked!!!!
I am so glad that I am still in Young Womens! I will still get to see my little beehives but now a whole new adventure begins. Have you noticed that once a teenager hits 14, things change quite a bit????? This is all preparation for Little Miss Piper!! Because ya know, she's gonna be my pistol!
5 comments:
You are going to be awesome. My very favorite calling EVER!!!
Very fun...Those Beehives will be Mia Maids before you know it and back with you.
Enjoy!
man, I have GOT to stop missing church!! I swear I miss so much every time! lol
I was thinking the same thing as Shauna. You will do great. Have fun with it.
I know about meshing... I am the 2nd councilor in RS and the last Enrichment Leader and I worked great together. THen they took her to YW and we had to find another. After a huge struggle, we got someone to accept, but we don't mesh. She is in her 50s and is really spiritual. But Enrichment Night really needs to catch attention and be really interesting or people won't show. She and I don't see eye to eye on that. It is hard. Good luck with your new calling.
Post a Comment