He's not so little anymore!! WAHHHHHH!!! Last Friday, I let J.D. ride his bike to school for the first time. I followed him down, only because he has to go through 2 crosswalks at the roundabout by my home. It's the main intersection in Ivins, the one 90 percent of people use to get out of town. He did great getting there. Although, I have him so scared to death of the roundabout, he was a little hesitant to cross. I took him and showed him how to use his new bike lock.
Well 3:30 came and I wasn't sure if I should go down to the school and hideout somewhere in case he needed me. I decided to let him do it on his own and he had 15 minutes before I would go looking for him. I walked out and looked down the street and saw him coming. The school is about 1/2 mile from our house, but it's a straight shot. I can see straight to the school. So I feel pretty safe about letting him do it, but the roundabout does scare me. Nobody pays attention and they hardly ever slow down.
It's fun to see your kids venture out and get some freedom!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!!
1 comment:
What a cute kid!!!! I can't believe how fast they grow up. YIKES!!!! We need to cherish each moment, I guess.
Post a Comment