Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Son, The Vampire

For those of you who don't know it, I am a tad bit obsessed with the Twilight series. Okay, not just a tad, but alot. I tend to get hooked on something and I jump on the bandwagon! I also have a crush on a fictional vampire, by the name of Edward, but it's okay, because he's fictional right??

So I went to Walmart at 12:00 a.m. this morning to get my copy of Twilight. I went with Mandee, Kris, Maggie, and Kim. We had a blast!! I'll try to post some of those pictures tomorrow, if I remember.

Anyway, J.D. know's about Twilight. He's seen my books around and every time the commercial comes on, I all but have a heart attack. I finally sat down to watch the movie, this afternoon as I folded the million batches of laundry that have piled up on my couch. J.D. had a friend over and they were in and out of the house and J.D., being the curious child that he is, started asking me questions about vampires. The first thing he said, was that vampires drink blood. So he and his friend start chasing Tyson around, trying to suck his blood. Imagine if you will, the squealing of a 4-year-old boy in my tiny little house. So in an effort to put an end to that little game, I told J.D. that the vampires on Twilight only drank animal blood. "Okay," they said, and disappeared outside to play. Tyson, meanwhile is standing at the screen door yelling, "hey, come suck my blood!" He thinks this is a great game. So, J.D. and his friend come back in about 10 minutes later and tell me that they sucked the blood out of a rabbit. NICE! They then proceeded to get a box, some string and some carrots from the fridge. They built a trap in the driveway, trying to catch a rabbit. About 30 minutes later, they came in and told me that they had sucked the blood out of a mountain lion. Now what?

J.D. had to tell Josh all about it and he told Nicole, my neighbor all about it! I'm betting money, that he is going to tell his primary teacher tomorrow!! That will make for some interesting conversation when I go to visit teach her this month. My son, the vegetarian vampire!!

Then tonight, I could hear Tyson mumbling in his sleep. So I went in and he was mumbling the word "vampire". GOOD GRIEF! They've never even seen the movie!! People are going to think that my child is going to grow up to be like a serial killer or something. Well, good night everyone. I'm off to devampire my house.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

I love it! that cracks me up. as long as he ends up as being as smooth as Edward, I don't think anyone would mind if he wanted to be a vampire. =) Brittany wants the life size Edward for her room.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one in love with a fictional vampire. I totally would have joined you at Wal-Mart if I had been home, but I have the movie now so I'm good. I kind of have my own Edward anyway, thanks to my sister I have the life-size (cardboard) Edward in my room!