Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Consuming

That's my new word of the week, consuming! I have so many different things that are consuming my time and my energy. My calling in Young Women's is consuming so much of my time. I am the beehive advisor and am sort of the unofficial assistant camp advisor. It's weird and complicated, but I was asked and I said yes, because I AM CRAZY! I love Young Women's, but it is mentally and emotionally draining, and time CONSUMING! But I love it, most of the time!


Alison's Pantry is also consuming my life. So much work for so little pay! But hey, it buys the fun food and it builds up the food storage.

My other blog, Some of This and Some of That has been consuming a lot of my time this past week. We are having a huge giveaway next week and coordinating it has been a little crazy. Come check it out on Tuesday, it's gonna be awesome!!! Lot's of great prizes. My hobby has turned into a job!

My yard! UGH!! I love to be out and work in my yard. I find this strange satisfaction in growing things. I am working on my lawn and cleaning up the leavers that fall from all my neighbors trees! I NEED to work on the garden, and it's on my list. Again, consuming my time!

What would I do if all of these things, didn't consume my time? I'd kick my feet up and read a book! That's what I'd do. I'd find me a great series and read away my day. I'm a sucker for a good romance novel. A clean romance novel, anyway. I'm trying to stray outside of Harry Potter and Twilight. I love them, but oh my, it's time to move on and read something new.

Anyway, a random post about the things consuming my life. What's consuming yours?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Time Out For Women-Orlando...my 12 year old's Birthday party, Unexpected Out of Town guests, and oh...YW Girls Camp.

Nettie said...

work, family, yard, house, $$$$, young womens, AAAHHHH! lets not think about that. lets focus on the positive. I don't have a broken leg, I do not live in a place where I could find an aligator in my hallway. I have adorable friends (like you) and I think I have it pretty good. I have realized that if it isn't one thing it is another. once one thing is done, we will find another thing to consume us. it is a curse.