Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Survived Operation Rock Salt

I survied girls camp!!! It was the funnest 3 day's I have had in a long time. Not only fun but so spiritual. I hope and pray that the girls were uplifted. I defiently was. I left camp wanting to be a better person in every aspect of my life.


The camp theme was Operation Rock Salt. Instead of the Green Beret's we were the Pink Beret's. It was an army theme and the girls had to wear uniforms. They wore camouflage pants and pink shirts. We also had to wear a beret and carry cute weapon holders. Every ward was so diffrent. It's funny how your givin an idea and you run with it. The picture above is our camp flag. We were the Salt Shakers. We had the cutest cheer that Tawny wrote it goes ~ Don't mess, don't mess, don't mess with the best cause the best don't mess. Don't fool, don't fool, don't fool with the cool cause the cool don't fool. From the East to the West the Shakers are the best!


I had a few parts that were my favorite. Tim Gates from the band Due West flew out from Nashville to speak to us and to hold a concert. That was pretty cool. He is originally from Richfield. His music was beautiful and I loved that his song's had meaning and direction.

Also loved that we had academies. We were asked to choose them earlier in the Spring time and they placed us where they could. I got to do a first-aid clinic, which was okay. Soft option since I have certified in it several diffrent times. I got to go to a clinic on how to be an amazing speaker and Hyrum Smith was the teacher. The man is the king of public speaking and he is an amazing individual. Loved that class. I could have sat and listened to him talk all day.

The last academy that I went to was about reading. We were asked to read a book ahead of time, called Journey of the Promise, Joanne Arnold a local author her in Santa Clara. It was an amazing book. I love LDS novels and this one was amazing. Lot's of suspense and stories within the story. Defiently worth reading.


There were other things that I loved. I loved testimony meeting, which is alway's spiritual. I loved the sunrise devotional on the last day. I also loved the remember rocks that they made for us.

I am so grateful to be involved in young women's. I have an amazing group of girls whom I love dearly even when they are giggly and keep me up all night long!!! I have so many pictures, that I will try to post later on. Right now I feel a nap coming on. Have a good Sunday!

1 comment:

Dover Fam said...

I MISSED YOU!!!! SO glad that you had fun. I knew you would once you got up there! Missed ya tons. Your flag is really cute.