Monday, March 13, 2017

Julian and California Cousins








The second day of Spring Break, we spent driving up to Julian and then spending the rest of the day in Ramona with my Grandma.

We didn't get nearly as many pictures as we should have. We were able to visit the K.O. Corral, where my dad used to be part of the Desperado's and they would put on gun fights for the tourists. We visited the Cider Mill where I was able to visit with an old and dear friend, Bobbi Vanderstay.

We spent the afternoon hanging out with Amber and her kiddo's. Chadwick just loved JD. We played ball and just hung out and ended the day with a BBQ. It was super hard, because Grandma couldn't remember me. It just about broke my heart. I had to keep reminding her who I was. She loved Piper though. I think those two have a special bond.

A piece of my heart will always be in Southern California. Especially in the rolling hills of the San Diego Valley. Ramona and Julian are so beautiful. I was able to treat my kids to Dudley's apple bread and apple butter. We bough honey sticks from the Cider Mill and walked the streets of my childhood. So fun to be able to share those memories with them.

No comments: