We didn't get to Pine Valley until 2 pm. So the rest of the day was spent just setting up camp and prepping for skits that night. Holy smokes! So much fun! Tifffany was in charge of the leaders skit and it was pretty insane, but so funny. Ryan was a ninja who was sad because he had a little horse. And brother white was the Holy Ghost, I didn't really have a big part and all I could do was laugh the whole time. Peggy was Satan, in swim goggles. Oh my. The girls had super funny skits as well. Skylar and Summer Rodgers were both so funny! After our crazy skits, we spent the evening around the campfire, roasting marshmallows, singing and dancing. It was way fun!
Day 2 ~ The great hike day. Although, it wasn't much of a hike, more of leisurely walk! We spent the morning walking around, did a few certifications and then came back to camp for a fantastic afternoon of crafting and great speakers.
Karen Cheever, who is one of my all-time favorite people came and spoke to the girls about true beauty and gave us some fantastic beauty tips for appreciating the beauty inside as well as out! Karen and Paul came up and helped us do pedicures on each of the girls. The rest of the day was spent crafting the afternoon away. We made awesome headbands and glass lanterns for testimony meeting.
That night we did a fun activity where we had to follow Rapunzels hair to find clues about misconceptions and lies that Satan tells us. It was great. We had a popcorn bar and watched the move Tangled, but the TV had difficulties and died half way through. I actually ended up going home that night, because Josh had never shown up as Priesthood and he had stuff that I needed here at home. He ended up having the flu in an extreme matter and never made it up :(.
Day 3~ This day was so relaxed. It was amazing to just have a low key, hang out and be friends kinda day. We did some more crafting, we did a few certifications and spent the afternoon just hanging out together. Some of the girls went to Trevor Woodhouses Eagle project open house that was in Pine Valley, some of us played games, we played in the FREEZING water and we just had a great time.
That night the sister missionaries came and helped us do a walk with Christ. Then we had a great testimony meeting and stayed up very late talking around the campfire. It was a perfect way to end the camp.
One of these pics is very special to me. My sweet Brittany and I! The first time I went to Girls Camp as a leader, Brittany was a first year. One of my little beehives and my little rain cloud, as I liked to call her. Jayma and I lost her on a hike, she had somehow gotten past us and we found her eventually back at camp, while we had been frantic and looking for her. Then we made her cute her pants off because it was muddy and she was stepping on them because they were way long. She was so mad. This was her last year at camp. I am so grateful that I have been able to be in YW's with her, for most of those six years. It's so fun to see what a little ray of sunshine she has become. We've come a long way Brit! So grateful for her.
And also sweet Meagan. Those Proffit girls. Love them! It made me remember many girls camp past. The year Elisha was so sick and I stayed with her while she was throwing up and sweet Meagan, who has always been my rock and always so dependable.
What an inspired program! I am so grateful to be a part of it. I love these girls so much and am so grateful for the influence they are to me. It was so fun to get to know so many of them better. To see Ashly and Kaylynn become leaders in their own way and to see Reilly open up! I didn't realize that we had so many talented girls! They are truly amazing. It was also so much fun to be with Tiff and Peggy! I am truly blessed with great friends! Can't wait for next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment