I had the privelage of attending the funeral for my grandpa, John Thomas Lawrence. He was a retired airman. He was able to buried in the Mira Mar National Cemetary in Sand Diego.
This is my favorite picture from the day. Such a touching moment when they handed that flag to my swee grandma.
Here is my grandma with almost all of her grandkids. The only one missing is Priscilla! So sad she couldn't make it. I don't even think we have a picture of all of us from being children. We were so scattered and it had been years and years since I had seen any of Uncle Davids kids. Back Row: Michelle, Sherry, Micheal, Willy, Austin, Danny and front row is Me, Amber, Grandma and Jason.
Great-Grand-Kids! Michelle was able to bring her two girls, Micheal brought his oldest two boys, I had Jd and of couse Ambers cute little Chadwick! These kids instantly hit it off and JD was sad to leave "his people" behind. All of them have been military kids so he thinks they are the coolest kids in the whole entire world.
Whew, that's a lot of us and quite a few are missing! What a group!
My family and grandma. I love this picture. The leading up to it moments are hillarious. It's no wonder Danny and JD are goofy. They are rleated to my grandma!
Amber and Austin! What a duo! Austin lived with grandma and grandpa for a few years so he grew pretty close to those California cousins of ours!
Me and my baby brother. Seriously, the Privitt blood runs thick through our veins. We defiently have the Privitt look.
Jd was in heaven! He would have stayed at the cemetary all day if he could have. He was so happy that I took him and that he got to attend the funeral. It was a pretty neat day for my military kid.









No comments:
Post a Comment