Just up the street from the Midway was an other set of ships. These were merchant ships from back in the 1800's. The larger of the two was called The Star of India. It reminded me of a pirate ship. It was very beautiful and the kids enjoyed running above and below deck.
Me and my sweet babies!
Part of the admission was the chance to walk through 2 submarines. One was a midget sub, The Us Dolphin and one was a Soviet sub. They are incredibly cramped. I don't know how people live under the ocean in them. I would be extremely claustrophobic. JD was totally in his element and loved every second of it.
This was the second ship that we went on. I can't remember it's name. The kids loved all the old rope and the sun designs on the sides of the ship. They really did seem like pirate ships.
JD climbing in the tree in Grandma's front yard.
On Sunday we went to Dos Pecos park in Ramona. My cousin Amber, Chad, Aunt Gladys and Willie's girlfriend's little girl all went with us. It is a magnificent park. So beautiful and so much fun. We spent 3 hours there hanging out.
I'm such a bad mom. I kept saying, "go higher, it's make a really cool picture."
Cute little Tyson!
They have this beautiful pond area, where you could feed the ducks. The boys found a duck in the reeds that had fishing line wrapped around it. They were so worried. They stop and told everyone who walked by about it and then Tyson, Aunt Gladys and I walked up to the ranger station to let them know. They were so cute about giving him a bunch of bread and watching him to make sure he was safe.
Cute kids!
Afterwards, we went back to Grandma's and had a bbq. The kids played basketball and blew bubbles and had fun hanging out.
No comments:
Post a Comment